Burns Night Recipes 2017 Traditional Recipes Drinks , Burns Night 2017 Menu Template, Gordon Ramsay Traditional Burns Night 2017 Recipes, Burns Night 2017 Menu Order Of Service, Burns Night 2017 Drinks
Burns Night 2017 is a celebration held to honor the late poet Robert Burns. Along with the different kinds of recitals, the night cannot be completed without the sumptuous and fancy dinner. For this article, you will be taught how to cook one of the traditional Burns Night Recipes desserts which is the very delicious oatmeal shortbread with chocolate, raspberries, and caramel.
- 30 grams of porridge oats
- 62 grams of cornflour
- 62 grams of icing sugar
- 125 grams of butter
- 100 grams of plain flour
- 250 grams of cream
- 500 grams of dark chocolate
- 50 grams of icing sugar
- 2 punnets fresh raspberries
- 150 ml of water
- 300 grams of caster sugar
Preparation and Cooking
When is Burns Night 2017 in London, With the ingredients known, you can now prepare and cook the extremely delicious dessert called the oatmeal shortbread with chocolate, raspberries, and caramel. To serve this dessert(Burns Night Supper 2017), you must prepare three separate dishes which are the oatmeal shortbread, chocolate, marinated raspberries, and whisky caramel, all of which will be combined later on to produce the fancy Burns Night dessert.
- The Oatmeal Shortbread
- Using a microwave, heat the butter in order to melt it.
- Using a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the shortbread which are the flour, butter, icing sugar, cornflour, porridge oats, and the melted butter.
- Put the mixture, which is called a paste, in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place the mixture in a baking tray then put in an oven with 130c temperature for 35 minutes. Cool the mixture after baking.
- Put the chocolate on a bowl atop a simmering water to melt it.
- Add the cold cream into the bowl and mix with the melted chocolate.
- Mix in the whisky.
- On a tray lined with cling film, put in the chocolate mixture then allow to cool on the fridge.
- Marinated Raspberries
- Mix all the ingredients together which are the raspberries, whisky, and icing sugar. While mixing, make sure to note crush the fruits.
- Sit the mixture overnight.
- Whisky Caramel
- On a heavy bottom pan, put in the sugar. Add 50 ml of water and mix until soft caramel. Heat the mixture up to a temperature of 107c.
- Put in the whisky and boil the mixture.
- Cool the mixture afterwards.
Burns Night 2017 in London, UK: Now with all the needed ingredients done, you can now serve the fancy dessert. Do so by preparing a clean plate and place the shortbread in the middle. Put the chocolate on top of the bread then scatter the raspberries around. Rain over the caramel mixture then put some whipped cream on top. Serve the dessert after a haggis meal and enjoy.
Celebrating Burns Night – Some Facts about Robert Burns to Share
Robert Burns is indeed one of the most widely known people in the world. He became the national poet of Scotland not just by any means but because of his greatness when it comes to writing poems, songs, and lyrics. His works were considered eminent during his generation and are a legacy up to know. His works have influenced a lot of people for their nationalistic themes and for promoting liberalism and socialism.
If you are a person who does not know much about Robert Burns, then this article will present to you some fact about him. Make sure to keep these facts in mind so that you will be able to share these to your friends, family members, and acquaintances during the Robbie Burns day.
- Just behind the great navigator Christopher Columbus and the great ruler Queen Victoria, Robert Burns has more statues dedicated to him than any other non-religious figure out there. Statues of him cannot only be seen on England but also from the other parts of the world.
- The year 1956 marks the 160th death anniversary of Robert Burns and in this year, the Soviet Union became the first country in the world to give honor to Robert Burns using a commemorative stamp.
- The widely known American singer Bob Dylan stated that he based most of his creative inspirations from the poem entitled A Red Red Rose by Robert Burns. Bob Dylan has became a singing legend for he became an influence to popular music and culture for over 50 years.
- John Steinbeck, a popular American author of 27 books, has took inspiration from a specific line from Robert Burns’ poem entitled To a Mouse. One of Steinbeck’s books is entitled “Of Mice and Men” which is an inspiration from a specific line in the said poem.
- Astronaut Nick Patrick has carried a miniature version of Robert Burns into the outer space during his outer space mission in 2010. Therefore, this book has travelled a 5.7 million miles trip and made exactly 217 orbits around the Earth.
- There is a life-size replica of the Alloway Cottage in Atlanta, Georgia. The Alloway cottage was where Burns’ was born in. This replica was built in 1911 by the Burns Club of Atlanta.
- In Glasgow, there is a library called the Mitchell library which is believed to house the largest collection of the works by Robert Burns. The library includes the works of Robert Burns translated in more than thirty languages.
- The various works by Robert Burns has appeared in different television shows, programs, and films. His works has appeared in films like Sex and the City released in the year 2008, When Harry Met Sally released in 1989, and It’s a Wonderful Life released in 1946.
- The legacy of Robert Burns is celebrated in different parts of the World including England, Canada, United States, and Australia. Other names given to this special day are Robbie Burns Day, Burns Night, Burns Supper, and Robert Burns’ Day.
- The very successful and popular US designer of bags, lingerie, wallets, clothes, watches, and more named Tommy Hilfiger claims that he is a direct descendant of Robert Burns. Tommy Hilfiger has since became a very successful designer for his outstanding creativity.
- Although Robert Burns has lived a short life of only 37 years, he has fathered twelve children from four different women. His youngest child named Maxwell was born on a day of his funeral.
- A work by Robert Burns entitled “My Hearts in the Highlands” is said to have been translated in the Chinese language and was used by the Chinese resistance fighters during the Second World War.
- There exists a statue of Robert Burns in Camperdown, Australia. This statue was made by John Greenshields in the year 1826 and is believed to be Robert Burns’ oldest existing statue. It was shipped into Australia in the years of 1850’s.
- One work made by Robert Burns entitled “Is there for Honest Poverty” which is also known as “A Man’s a Man for a That” is a song about universal brotherhood and equality. This song became the anthem during the opening of the new Scottish parliament in the year of 1999.
- The very popular song by Robert Burns entitled “Auld Lang Syne” is listed in the Guiness Book of World Records as the third most popular song written in English just behind “Happy Birthday” and “For he’s a jolly good fellow”. The song is known for giving its listeners a touching feel and its dramatic environment.
- Robert Burns is also the first person to have ever appeared on a commemorative bottle made by the soft drinks company Coca Cola back in 2009.
- The great American President Abraham Lincoln considered Robert Burns as one of his greates inspirations. It was said that some of the works by Burns helped Lincoln win the American Civil War and also abolish slavery in America.
- There is a town in New Zealand called the town of Mosgiel which is located near Dunedin. This town got its name from the farm of Robert Burns in Ayshire.
- It is said that the late King of Pop Michael Jackson is a big fan of Robert Burns and that he drew heavy inspiration from Burns’ works in his songs and his unreleased album.
Now, you have learned a lot of facts about Robert Burns. Without a doubt, you have become more amazed to him and his legacy. Make sure to list these facts you have learned or just bear them in your mind. Share them with your friends and family members on your celebration of Robbie Burns day. This is a great way to commemorate his life and his greatness and also a great way to pass on his legacy to the next generation for them to be able to know such a great figure who is an inspiration to a lot of people from all over the world.
- Burns Night 2017 in London, UK | Burns Night Traditions Speech Quotes Poems
- Burns Night 2017 Recipes Traditional Recipes Drinks
- Burns Night 2017 UK Speech Quotes Poems Traditions Wiki Details
- Burns Night Supper 2017: Robert Burns and Burns Night Celebrations
- When is Burns Night 2017 in London Edinburgh Glasgow Scotland
- Burns Night 2017
- Burns Night 2017 in London, UK
- Burns Night 2017 Poems
- Burns Night 2017 Recipes
- Burns Night Supper 2017
- Burns Night UK and Scotland’s Pride
- Burns Night Traditions 2017: How to Do It Right
- Burns Night 2017 Recipes/Menu and the History Behind It
- Some Facts About the Popular Song Entitled Auld Lang Syne by Robert Burns
- The Auld Lang Syne by Robert Burns
- Haggis Traditions on the Burns Supper: Piping and Addressing
- A Very Delicious Cranachan for Your Burns Supper Dessert
- Burns Night 2017 Recipes: Preparing Your Dishes for the Burns Supper: How to Cook a Cock-a-Leekie Soup?
- How to Prepare the Very Famous Haggis, Neeps, and Tatties?
- Various Entertainments for the Burns Supper
- The Speeches Made for the Burns Night Celebration
- The Menu for the Burns Supper Celebration
- Things That You Should First Consider When Hosting a Burns Supper Celebration
- Celebrate the Legacy of The Bard with a Burns Supper
- A Fun and Humorous Burns Night Occasion
- A Sophisticated Yet Memorable Burns Night Celebration
- Robert Burns’ Day Celebration at Stravaigin Restaurant in Glasgow
- Celebrating Rabbie Burns Day at Summerhall
- A Viking Style of Burns Supper Celebration
- The Various Symbols of the Burns Night Occasion
- The State of the Public During the Burns Night Celebration
- Toasting on a Burns Night Celebration
- The Component Acts of a Burns Night Supper
- Welcoming Your Guests on a Burns Night Celebration
- Why is Burns Night Being Celebrated? Burns Night in United Kingdom
- Robert Burns – Wikipedia : Biography – Robert Burns Tribute
- Different Film and Show Genres to Watch During Burns Supper
- Best Films and Television Shows to Watch for Your Burns Night Celebration
- Burns Night 2017 Traditions: Poems, Lyrics, and Songs
- Burns Night 2017 Traditions: The Kilt and the Tartan
- Burns Night 2017 Traditions: Whisky Green Tea Sweets Common Foods
- Burns Night 2017 Traditions: Main Course Meals and Dishes
- The Burns Night Celebration: Food, Drinks, and Recitals
- Burns Night Recipes: Arbroath Smokie and Cheese Souffle
- Burns Night 2017 Recipes: Haggis, Tatties, and Neeps
- Burns Night 2017 Recipes: Haggis and Potatoes
- Burns Night Supper 2017: Commemoration to the Works of Burns
- Burns Night Supper 2017: How to Celebrate the Burns Night?
- Burns Night Recipes: The Traditional Cullen Skink
- What to Wear for the Burns Night Celebration?